Horse Tack Review
© 2004-2012 Horse Tack Review
Practice-Management Solutions Available to Equine Veterinarians
Overworked equine veterinarians now can better juggle their dual roles of DVM and practice manager. Intervet Inc., one of the world’s leading animal-health companies, unveiled it's Partner's in Practice program at the American Association of Equine Practitioners Annual Meeting in Denver, Colo., held Dec. 5-8. The program allows equine veterinarians to earn practical business-management tools when they make Intervet purchases.
“Some of the biggest challenges for veterinarians are nonclinical. Business-management issues, such as fee structures, accounts receivable, attracting new clients and time management, often are the most difficult for veterinarians to address because they may not have the time or the training to balance these issues with their clients’ medical issues,” said Marv Jahde, marketing manager of equine products for Intervet. “We created the Partners in Practice program so equine veterinarians have a resource for solutions to these business dilemmas, and, ultimately to help them maximize the efficiency and profitability of their practice.
These investment options include:
- Continuing education credits--Veterinarians can earn CE credit in the comfort of the office or home by participating in business-management teleconferences with industry experts.
- Newsletters and content--Participants can easily create their own client newsletter with customizable templates, as well as newsletter articles about horse healthcare.
- Clinic support tools--Available tools, which can be customized with a clinic’s own information, include health record folders, stall cards, and vaccination reminder cards.
- Accounting software--Program participants can choose from available QuickBooks and Peachtree software programs.
- Registration fees--Partners in Practice members can choose to have Intervet pay for their basic registration fees at AAEP conferences.
- Staff motivators and rewards--Veterinarians can motivate staff with gift certificates from GiftCertificates.com.
“The Partners in Practice program is an innovative way that Intervet is helping equine veterinarians complement their practice by honing their business-management skills.” said Robert Magnus, DVM, veterinarian at Wisconsin Equine Clinic and Hospital in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, and member of a veterinary management group. “Whether a veterinarian works solo or part of a large practice, they’ll find valuable information through the Partners in Practice program that can help enhance the quality of equine health, client relations, veterinary care and the equine industry as a whole.”
“With the Partners in Practice program, Intervet hopes to become a business partner with equine veterinarians--by keeping horses healthy with Intervet’s existing portfolio of products, which address a host of respiratory, parasitic and reproductive issues, and by helping to keep veterinary practices healthy and profitable,” said Jahde.
Veterinarians can find more details about enrolling in and participating in the Partners in Practice program at www.Partners-in-Practice.com, or by contacting Intervet Customer Service at 800/441-8272.
About Us •
Join Our Mailing List •