Submit your reviews! We will be giving away a pair of the HandsOn Grooming Gloves
for the best review posted from now until November 31st.
Please sign up below for the November 1, 2016 newsletter for additional information on how to enter.
Equine Health to be Showcased at Horse Expo
American Association of Equine Practitioners
Veterinarians representing the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) will present the latest advances in equine health care during the Western States Horse Expo, June 10 12 in Sacramento, Calif., at the Cal Expo Fairgrounds. The sessions are designed for horse owners and other individuals interested in equine health programs and veterinary care.
Seventeen horse-health presentations are scheduled during the Expo, including:
· Equine West Nile Virus Prevention & Awareness Katie Wetherall, BVMS, RCVS Sacramento, Calif.
· Colic Prevention Lowell Smalley, DVM - Omaha, Neb.
· Equine Lameness Julie Dechant, DVM, MS, DACVS Woodland, Calif.
· Equine Emergency Care Julie Dechant, DVM, MS, DACVS Woodland, Calif.
· High-Risk Pregnancy in the Mare Langdon Fielding, DVM Roseville, Calif.
· Vaccination of Mares and Foals David Wilson, MRCVS Davis, Calif.
· Lumps & Bumps Jim Garfinkel, DVM Plymouth, Calif.
Created to bring together horse enthusiasts and the businesses that serve them in an entertaining and informative atmosphere, the Western States Horse Expo is a three-day extravaganza serving the interests of all equestrians. During the event attendees also can visit the AAEP booth (#4107 in Building D) for additional horse-health information and giveaways. For more information about the scheduled speakers or the AAEPs owner education program, contact Dana Kirkland, Owner Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the AAEP office at (859) 233-0147.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners, headquartered in Lexington, Ky., was founded in 1954 as a non-profit organization dedicated to the health and welfare of the horse. Currently, the AAEP reaches more than 5 million horse owners through its over 8,000 members worldwide and is actively involved in ethics issues, practice management, research and continuing education in the equine veterinary profession and horse industry.