Submit your reviews! We will be giving away a pair of the HandsOn Grooming Gloves
for the best review posted from now until November 31st.
Please read the November 1, 2016 newsletter for additional information on how to enter.
Learn from Mounted Police--Sensory Training Clinic
School your horse with techniques used by police officers to promote confidence and employ strategies for desensitizing your horse to noise, crowds, and obstacles. This all-day clinic at the Kentucky Horse Park, Sept. 2 from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. provides a combination of equitation training to develop solid horsemanship skills, ground work, and introduction to obstacles and crowds. The clinic is appropriate for riders from any discipline, but does require previous riding experience. The proceeds from the clinic will be used to benefit the Lexington Mounted Police Unit.
Six instructors representing the Lexington Police Mounted Unit, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and the London Metropolitan Police will work with riders in three groups that will rotate throughout the day. The final session allows riders free-choice of working with the RCMP on equitation/basic jumping, the London Police on introduction to large crowds, noises, and parade-type settings, or with Lexington's officers, who will work (from the ground and mounted) with introducing your horse to obstacles such as bridges, mattresses, and tarps.
• Limited to riders 16 years and older with a minimum of three years' riding experience and one year's experience on the mount entered in the clinic.
• Proof of Coggins and 150 day health papers available for health inspectors and the state vet’s office. (they will be on the grounds to check paperwork).
• Helmets are mandatory.
• Signature of release form, returned with payment.
• Please bring appropriate halters, lead lines, and longe lines for ground work.
• Cost: $100 due on August 15th. $75 refund with veterinarian’s documentation.
Boarding should be arranged directly through the Kentucky Horse Park, at additional cost. Enrollment is strictly limited on a first-come basis. For more information, call 859/351-8448.