Arista Offers Tips for How to Stay Cool During the Summer
Arista Equestrian Apparel
Arista, known for its fashionable and performance equestrian apparel, offers tips for how riders can stay cool during the hot and humid summer and fall months. Fabric selection and choices of styles can make the difference between giving a winning performance and wilting in the heat. And with the modern alternatives to the traditional wool hunt coat, there’s no reason to perish in the sun!
“Riders today have many excellent choices for both schooling and showing,” says Arista’s President, Sharie Loychuk. “Making good clothing decisions will help keep you comfortable.” Sharie offers these tips:
• Pick your summertime fabrics wisely. Instead of 100% cotton, nylon or polyester, look for high tech fabrics that have wicking properties. These fabrics will help draw the moisture away from your skin and allow outside air to travel quickly through the fabric. This helps keep you dry and cool. These high tech fabrics are washable, a plus for the busy rider. Arista’s Cool Plus fabric is available not only in schooling tanks, tees and polos, but also in hunter and dressage show shirts.
• You know that tank styles allow great breathability, but you are afraid to show bare arms. Fortunately short sleeve options abound! These shirts make a great compromise. Look for styles in which the sleeves are cut to allow air circulation, which is critical to staying cool. And don’t forget sleeveless and short sleeve show shirts are a very practical way to reduce the amount of heat that is retained under your show coat. Many of Arista’s show and schooling shirts are available in sleeveless or short sleeve options, including the tapestry styled Graceful Presence, the Radical Tradition and the Lucky Horse Shoes.
• Perhaps every show rider’s nemesis is the dark-colored show jacket required to complete the outfit. Fortunately, high tech fabrics and new styles have made their way to this important piece of dress. Wicking, breathable fabrics guarantee a more comfortable time in the saddle. Look for fabrics that have a bit of weight to ensure that the coat drapes properly. Arista’s popular Modern Competitor offers not only breathable, wicking fabric, but also the European styled zippered front and stand-up collar ensure standout style.
• Don’t forget the details! Dressage and eventing riders now have the option of choosing a stock tie made from a high-tech wicking fabric. These stock ties lay beautifully and won’t keep the heat in.
• While clothing choice is an important consideration for staying comfortable in the hot and sticky months, nothing substitutes drinking lots of water and resting in the shade when possible. A few moments devoted to these activities makes an incredible difference.
For more information on the Arista line of riding apparel visit www.AristaEquestrian.com.