Horse Tack Review
© 2004-2012 Horse Tack Review
Show Jumping Hall of Fame Jumper Classic Series Kicks Off 2004 Season
Tampa, FL—March 16, 2004—The 2004 Show Jumping Hall of Fame Jumper Classic Series is underway! The 2004 Series kicked off in February and continues through November, culminating in a Year-End Championship to be held at the National Horse Show.
The Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington, FL, hosted the first three Show Jumping Hall of Fame Series competitions of the year. Following these events, Brianne Goutal and Onira held an early lead in the junior division in the East Conference, while Charlie Jacobs and Innocence were in first place in the amateur-owner division. The West Conference will begin at the Oaks Blenheim Spring Classic I in San Juan Capistrano, CA, in April.
The Show Jumping Hall of Fame Series boasts modified rules for 2004, including classes with prize money as low as $1,000. Classes are still required to meet all Series specifications. Series points awarded in any class are prorated based upon the amount of prize money offered.
In making these changes to the Series specifications, Series organizers believe that horse show participation in the nation’s premier Junior and Amateur-Owner Series will prove more beneficial to everyone involved – the riders, returning shows, and those shows joining the Series for the first time in 2004.
The 2004 Show Jumping Hall of Fame Jumper Classic Series Leader Board, sponsored by the Lake Placid Horse Show Association and Stadium Jumping, Inc. appears below:
EAST CONFERENCE - JUNIOR DIVISION THROUGH MARCH 27
Horse Rider Owner Points
1. Onira Brianne Goutal Cloverleaf Farm 410
2. Cantus Anuberth II Addison Phillips Addison Phillips 190
3. Rastella Addison Phillips Halifax Farm 160
4. Amos Aimee Aron Kinloch Enterprises 150
5. Jamaica Aimee Aron Kinloch Enterprises 95
6. Baby Grand Cody Baird October Farm 85
7. Edward Himself Dorothy Grubb Michelle Kamine 75
8. Vikingo Sloane Coles Foxmount Farm, LLC 65
EAST CONFERENCE - AMATEUR-OWNER DIVISION THROUGH MARCH 26
Horse Rider Owner Points
1. Innocence Charlie Jacobs Deeridge Farm 300
2. Education Cara Cheska Donald & Cara Cheska 260
3. Quinault Danielle Torano Laurenzo Torano/Sir Ruly 220
4. Cartier Sophie Coppedge Sagamore Farm 65
4. Gemini De Terlong Rayman Butterfield Bermuda Cedar Syndicate 65
4. Mister Daryl Portela James B. Pirtle Enterprises 65
7. Reggae Cayce Harrison Double H Farm 55
8. Pamina Summer Gay RCG Farm, LLC 40
8. October Hill’s Poco Loco Erin Davis October Hill Sales 40
8. Elan Coriana Stella Manship Elan Farm 40
The Show Jumping Hall of Fame and Museum at Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL was established in 1987 and formally opened in 1989. It was organized to promote the sport of show jumping and to immortalize the legends of the men, women and horses who have made great contributions to the sport. The Show Jumping Hall of Fame also conducts the Show Jumping Hall of Fame Jumper Classic Series, held under Grand Prix rules and specifications.
The Series holds classes at nearly one hundred horse shows across the country. It is designed to give amateur-owner and junior riders an opportunity to compete at higher levels and serves as a proving ground for many riders who aspire to someday represent the United States in international competition.
About Us •
Join Our Mailing List •