Submit your reviews! We will be giving away a pair of the HandsOn Grooming Gloves
for the best review posted from now until November 31st.
Please read the November 1, 2016 newsletter for additional information on how to enter.
Short List Announced for 2004 U.S. Olympic Show Jumping Team
US Equestrian Press Release
May 25, 2004 - The United States Equestrian Federation Press Releases - The United States Equestrian Federation today announced the Short List for the 2004 Olympic Show Jumping Team. The four horse and rider combinations and two substitutes are as follows:
1. Beezie Madden, 41, Cazenovia, NY, Authentic, Age 9, Dutch Warmblood, gelding
2. Peter Wylde, 39, Maastricht, Netherlands, Fein Cera, Age 13, Holsteiner, mare
3. McLain Ward, 29, Brewster, NY, Sapphire, Age 9, Selle Francais, mare
4. Chris Kappler, 37, Pittstown, NJ, Royal Kaliber, Age 12, Dutch Warmblood, stallion
Two alternate/substitute combinations have been named:
1. Alison Firestone, 28, Upperville, VA, Casanova, Age 14, Swedish Warmblood, gelding
2. Lauren Hough, 27, Wellington, FL, Clasiko, Age 13, Holsteiner, gelding
Madden, Wylde and Ward qualified for the Short List by finishing first, second and third respectively in the six Olympic Selection Trials held May 14th and 15th in Del Mar, California, and May 22nd and 23rd in San Juan Capistrano, California. Based on his exceptional record and performances on Royal Kaliber, Chris Kappler, 2003 Equestrian of the Year, was named as a discretionary selection to the Short List on April 29th and did not have to compete in the Trials. Firestone and Hough finished 4th and 5th in the Trials series.
“We have a superb team of talented and experienced riders who know how to win at the international level and world class horses capable of winning an Olympic medal,” said Frank Chapot, Coach of the United States Show Jumping Team. “Leopoldo Palacios’ courses for the Trials not only tested the horses and riders to the Olympic standard, but prepared them for the challenges they’ll meet in Athens.”
Madden, Wylde, Ward, Kappler, and Firestone will compete at CSI*** Hachenburg, Germany, July 1-4 and CSIO***** Aachen, Germany, July 13 - 18 as their final preparation for the Olympic Games, August 13 – 29.
Short List selections are subject to approval by the United States Olympic Committee.