Banbridge Waterproof Turnout Sheet
Model: Banbridge Waterproof Turnout Sheet
Purchase: I purchased this 75' turnout sheet from an online store called equinecloset.com. Living in Michigan, temperatures can swing 40+ degrees in a 24 hour period, so in the spring and fall I need an "in-between" sheet for when my winter blanket is too heavy but no blanket is not enough; plus it's nice having a rain/wind-proof sheet for those crummy spring and fall days. I paid $74.99 plus shipping for this sheet.
Likes: There are several things I really like about this blanket:
* Overall construction is fantastic. All of the buckles/fasteners/straps are heavy-duty, and they're all sewn in and reinforced to the body of the blanket in a VERY solid manner.
* 1200 denier rip-stop exterior has held up extremely well - my horse is second to the bottom in the pecking order of her herd of 10, and other than some dirty spots there's no sign of wear and tear.
* Cool-dry lining keeps 95% of the sweat off my horse on those spring days that get a little warm. Or, on days when it's cooler and I've worked her into a good sweat, I can throw the sheet on her for cool-down and it helps wick the moisture away quicker than open-air drying would.
* Ease of movement it provides my horse. Roomy shoulders (no gussets needed) give her free range of motion on her front end, and heavy-duty elastic hind leg straps keep the sheet in place when she lays down, rolls, runs, etc without getting in her way.
* It's COMPLETELY waterproof. It recently rained for 2 days straight, and though she has constant access to shelter she was outside in the rain while all the other unblanketed horses were inside. When I pulled her blanket off, she was bone-dry underneath. No center seam along the back to let water in.
* I LOVE the color! I purchased the navy and raspberry sheet, and it's very eye-catching!
Dislikes: There are only a couple of things I don't care for with this sheet:
* I'd prefer a permanently affixed tail flap vs. the removable velcro flap that this sheet features. The velcro is pretty substantial (the tail flap layer fits in between two layers of velcro on the tail cut-out area on the sheet), but as with anything velcro that gets exposed to rolling, dirt, manure, rain, other horses, etc, it just doesn't hold up as well as something that's sewn-in.
* I feel that the fit is a little short for a 75" sheet. My horse is a pretty standard 76" blanket fit, and this 75" seems to fit her more snugly than I'd expect for a 75". The top of the tail flap area sits well above the top of her tail, so I have to leave the tail flap on at all times to keep her rear covered.
Quality: As mentioned before, I feel that this sheet was made with outstanding quality. From the doubly reinforced stitching to the rubber stoppers on the strap buckles, everything about this sheet is well-made. I have no qualms about using this sheet on my horse as her everyday spring and fall "jacket," and turning around and using it as her "travel jacket" for when I take her to shows.
Summary: Overall I'm extremely pleased with the Eous Banbridge Waterproof Turnout Sheet; it's exceptional quality for a very reasonable price. The only caution I'd pass along would be about sizing - in my opinion the sizing runs a little small, so think about upsizing if your horse is a borderline size.
Great quality, great looks, great price!
Usefulness Rating: 3.33333 out of 5.
72 reader(s) voted.
Other Reviews You May Find Interesting
Big Dee's Country Pride 1200 D stable blanket Horsewear
McAlister 600D Mediumweight Waterproof Turnout Blanket Horsewear
McAlister 200D Mediumweight Stable Blanket Horsewear
Big Dee's Tack and Vet Supplies - Country Pride Fly Sheet Horsewear
Big Dee's Country Pride Fly sheet Horsewear
National Horse Blankets Stable Sheet and Shipping Boots Horsewear
Dandy Products Sun Visor Fly Mask Horsewear
Centair Basic 600D Turnout Blanket Horsewear
Horseware Ireland Rambo Optimo Horsewear
Tough-1 Weatherproof Turnout Sheet Horsewear
Tough-1 1200D Poly Turnout Sheet Horsewear
Shire Typhoon 220 Horsewear
Weatherbeeta Origional Highneck Turnout 600D 220gm Horsewear
Horseware Rambo Medium Weight Wug Horsewear
TurtleNeck Rain Turtle Horsewear
Weatherbeeta Rain sheet Horsewear
Schneiders StormShield New Briton Bellyband Turnout Horsewear
Horseware of Ireland Rhino Combo Turnout Rug Horsewear
Country Pride Fly Sheet Horsewear
Bucas Smartex All in One Horsewear